Visiting Our Homes
We are delighted that the UK government recently announced a change in guidance that will now facilitate indoor visiting within our care homes.
The guidance highlights the need for indoor visiting to maintain the physical and psychological health of our residents and their loved ones. It sets out a framework by which this can happen whilst ensuring minimal risk to residents and visitors of contracting COVID -19.
Some of the key features of the guidance include:
- Each resident to have a single named visitor.
- The use of PPE to facilitate safe visiting.
- The requirement of visitors to undertake a COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device Test (LFD) and test negative for COVID-19 prior to entry into the care setting.
- Strict infection control infection procedures.
- Contact to be limited to hand holding and avoidance of hugging and kissing.
Full guidance can be viewed here.
At Westgate Healthcare we are thrilled with this news and excited about the ability to allow indoor visiting for our residents. Each of our care homes will be following this guidance to develop their own bespoke policies to allow safe indoor visiting to occur in addition to our current safe visiting methods.
To book a visit, please get in touch with the care home.
Westgate Healthcare Group