Our Safety Promise
At Westgate Healthcare we are dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of our residents, staff and visitors. We promise to provide a safe and outstanding care service to each and every one of our residents through enhanced safety measures and wellbeing initiatives in all of our homes.
Enhanced Safety and Cleanliness
We continue to implement enhanced safety procedures in all our homes to maintain a clean, infection-free environment for all those who live and work with us. We have never compromised when it comes to the safety of our residents, however, following the COVID-19 pandemic, we have introduced new ways of doing things. Across the Westgate Healthcare group, we have implemented;
- A continuous plentiful supply of full PPE
- Ample sanitising stations
- Stringent cleaning procedures
- New and innovative ways of communicating when contact isn’t possible
Increased ‘Infection Prevention and Control’ Training
Following the COVID-19 pandemic, we ensure our staff teams have access to the very best Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) training programmes to ensure our residents remain as safe as possible. We continue to closely follow the latest government guidelines and updates. The safety of our residents is paramount, and we are proud to continue delivering a safe service without compromising the wellbeing and independence of our residents.
Safely Welcoming Visitors
Westgate Healthcare’s commitment to protecting our residents, loved ones and staff members against the COVID-19 pandemic is paramount. It is important for our residents to continue to see visitors in order to maintain their physical and psychological health.
As we learn to live with COVID-19, we have reviewed our visiting policy in line with the most recent government guidance which can be viewed here.
The below guidance sets out a framework that allows indoor visits to continue across our homes whilst ensuring minimal risk to residents and visitors contracting COVID-19.
- Visitors do not need to book a visit in advance – they are able to visit one resident in the person’s individual bedroom or outdoors in the grounds of the care home
- Visiting is supported seven days a week and in line with the home’s specified hours
- There is no restriction on the number of visitors to the home, and children are able to visit under close supervision of an adult at all times
- Whilst there are no restrictions to the number of people who may visit, when a visitor is in a person’s bedroom, they must ensure the room remains ventilated throughout the duration of their visit and the number of people is limited to ensure everyone’s comfort
- Visitors will be required to wear a face mask whilst inside the care home for the duration of their visit. If a visit takes place outdoors, then visitors can remove their face mask
- Visitors do not need to undertake a Lateral Flow Device test prior to their visit to the home (or on arrival) unless they will be supporting personal care
- Visitors should not visit the home if they have any symptoms of cold or flu such as a cough, high temperature, diarrhoea or vomiting. If visitors have any of these symptoms, we advise them to avoid visiting the home until at leave five days after they feel better. This advice applies even if visitors test negative for COVID-19, are fully vaccinated and have received their booster vaccination
It is no longer a legal requirement for visitors to provide proof of their vaccination status, however, vaccination remains one of the best defences to combat infection, particularly after two or more doses. It is strongly recommended that residents and visitors receive two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, plus their booster.
Each of our care homes will be following this guidance and will adhere to their individual home policies to assure safe indoor visiting can take place.
To book a visit, please get in touch directly with the care home.
As innovators and early adopters of new ideas to promote enriched lives, we strive to give each and every resident an incredible experience in our homes. We have extended our Lifestyle Initiative programme which has already proven to transform residents’ lives for the better, promoting independence, fulfilment, happiness and dignity.
These include; Lifestyle Pioneers, Chatterbox, Make a Wish and About Me Books. All initiatives are designed as tools to offer the highest quality of life within our homes. In addition to our exciting activity programmes, we balance people’s preferences around a weekly timetable to ensure all residents choices are accommodated. Our activities calendars are reviewed weekly, and requests are always welcomed.
Family and Community
As a family-run & owned care group, our values are embedded into everything we do. We understand how important it is for residents to maintain social activities and staying connected with loved ones, and throughout the past year we have also had to implement new ways of keeping relatives in the know about their loved ones. We have used communication methods such as telephone and video calling devices, garden visits, visiting pods and our homes post regularly on our social media platforms. We promise to continue to accommodate regular safe visits with families and loved ones.
Food and Hydration
We’re devoted to offering our residents high-quality, fresh ingredients from kitchen to table because every meal should be delicious, nutritious and enjoyable. Food is often the most pleasurable part of someone’s day, and mealtimes bring friends and families together. We promise to ensure that each meal is person-centred to each residents’ dietary requirements and preferences, that meals are well-presented and served respectably. Our dining experiences promote independence and dignity, and we have a variety of snacks and drinks readily available throughout the day, hand-picked to suit each and every one of our residents’ preferences.
We also offer excellent in-room dining experiences, as well as safe dining in our elegant designated dining spaces.
To find an example menu, please click here.
We are very fortunate to have beautiful purpose-built homes that offer fantastic facilities, including secure outdoor garden spaces, which provide a safe area for our residents to socialise, particularly as we move into the summer months. Weather permitting, we encourage our residents to take part in activities outdoors, whether it be gardening, sunbathing, Al Fresco dining or simply visiting their furry friends.
To find out how we can help you or a loved one, or to arrange a visit in one of our homes, please contact us.
To find out more about visiting, please click here.